NEW: DPUK Autumn Academy
DPUK's all-new Autumn Academy runs this year from 27 September to 1 October (applications are now closed).
Aimed at experienced data analysts, this week-long series of expert lectures, presentations and group workshops gives researchers in-depth insight into cohort analysis techniques including linear/logistic regression, machine learning, survival analysis, latent growth curve models, and cross-lagged panel models.
Join a DPUK Datathon
DPUK Datathons will return later this year. Keep an eye on our Twitter page for news about our next event, or sign up at the link below to receive an email alert.
What are Datathons?
At DPUK Datathons, researchers work in multidisciplinary teams to generate valuable new findings in dementia research. Our Datathons are taking place virtually at the moment.
You will use cohort data in the DPUK Data Portal to explore a particular research question relating to dementia risk and progression. Our last event addressed the comorbidities of cognitive decline (including cardiovascular disease).
Datathons are ideal for early-career researchers who specialise in statistical analysis or machine learning methods. They are led by DPUK’s Senior Data and Science Manager, Dr Sarah Bauermeister.
The events include:
- Expert introduction to selected population cohorts
- 4 online cohort analysis workshops
- Support and guidance during offline periods
- Potential for studies to develop into publications
Datathons are free to attend. Around 15-30 hours of additional work beyond the formal workshops will be required for research and collaboration.
- Data scientists with some experience of working with complex data
- Experience of statistical techniques
- Experience of working in dementia or health research will be useful, but is not essential
- University or industry-based
- UK and further afield