Since its creation in 2014, DPUK has significantly enhanced the dementia research landscape in the UK by:
- convening expertise from academia, industry and charities in a pre-competitive environment
- funding innovative experimental medicine programmes and state-of-the-art research infrastructure
- strengthening mechanisms for matching public volunteers to research studies
- providing rapid access to population cohort data optimised for dementia research
Achievements at a glance
Research project reports
Click here to view research project reports from the first phase of DPUK.
A new phase
With renewed multi-million-pound funding from the MRC and partners, we are focusing on three key, human-centred areas in our quest to untangle the complexities of dementia and accelerate progress in research. Those areas are:
- Our repository of dementia-optimised cohort data (the DPUK Data Portal)
- Our engine for matching public volunteers to the most appropriate new research studies (the Trials Delivery Framework)
- Our programme of cutting-edge experimental medicine (the Experimental Medicine Incubator)
Together, these workstreams will help researchers identify the early signs of disease and support the translation of scientific discoveries into the new treatments and preventive strategies that the world so badly needs.