Innovate in multidisciplinary teams to kick-start new dementia research
- 4 online cohort analysis workshops
- Expert introduction to selected cohorts by cohort PIs
- For specialists in statistical analysis or machine learning methods
- Support and guidance during offline periods
- Free to attend, once application approved
- 2 June-12 June 2020, online
Why should I join?
Clinical trials for dementia are moving to intervene at a much earlier stage in the disease progression – before the onset of dementia itself. As the amount of data that we have available to us increases rapidly, it is becoming vital to innovate in order to make sense of it and gain new insights.
At the virtual DPUK datathon, you will work online in teams in the DPUK Data Portal. You will experiment with different methodologies to predict dementia risk and likelihood of conversion from mild cognitive impairment to dementia. Research questions will centre around longitudinal modelling of disease and cognitive change. We will be working with data from these cohorts at the virtual DPUK datathon.
Successful applicants may have a dementia or data science specialism, experience in machine learning or experience in applied classical statistics. Participants will be carefully selected to ensure a complementary interdisciplinary mix of skills.
You will be part of an interdisciplinary research collaboration. Teams will receive ongoing support via DPUK Reach to develop their ideas into full study proposals and published research during and following the virtual DPUK datathon.
DPUK's Senior Data and Science Manager, Dr Sarah Bauermeister, will lead the virtual DPUK datathon
How should I join?
Applications are now closed. Please sign up to be the first to know about future datathons using the link below.
- Data scientists with some experience of working with complex data.
- Experience of statistical techniques.
- Experience of working in dementia or health research will be useful, but is not essential.
- University or industry-based.
UK and further afield.
- The virtual DPUK datathon takes place online on one full day and five half-day workshops during the period 2-12 June 2020. If you can't make these dates, register to find out about future DPUK datathons.
- The deadline for applications is Friday 15 May, 9am BST.
- The virtual DPUK datathon is supported by the Alzheimers Research UK and the DEMON Network.
- Places are selective and strictly limited.
- Attendance is free.